Saturday, December 18, 2010

A party isn't a party unless there's people to party with!

BYAAAAAAMMMM!


In a way I kind of wish I could have some sick techno beat playing in the background, so as you read, it actually feels like you're at a party. But alas, that is not a function I have found yet.

But one thing that continues to consume my thoughts and just my thankful spirit lately is all the people we have in our lives. People from teachers who took the extra time to make sure we understood something, the coach who gave us that extra push to learn something new or gave us a shot to do something brilliant, even though it was obvious that we didn't have the skill for it. Or maybe it was a mentor that walked with you rather than dragged you along while they kept running.

But one thing that I know all of us had/have in our life, is that one friend, or many many friends, who you now that have your back, that care about you, that will go that extra mile just to prove they are your friend. Luckily, I have many. Although we do go our separate ways, it's always nice to come back together and pick up where you left off. As I go into wedding planning and making a guest list for my wedding, I begin to realize how I was never really close with my family. Unless it was a holiday, we never really saw family growing up. The only real connection I feel I ever had was with my cousin, but even in that he was older, so I was kind of the tag along cousin. Although marigan has a ton of family, I realize that my side at our wedding will be a majority of friends. People who I have come alongside and we have experienced that part of our life together.

The thing I love about people, is no matter who you are, or how long you acknowledge one another, we leave an impression or an imprint upon them. Think about it. When we walk down the street, we may see a person and say hi even if we don't know them, and chances are they will react in some way. It may catch them offgaurd, and they may think about it. But if you were ever to see that person again, chances are they will remember you as the "he/she said hi to me on the street" person. For that brief moment, you were a part of their life. You were significant amidst everything else around them. There is also the chance we may hurt someone, and unfortunately that is the last thought they have of us.

I remember the one year I went to an actual camp when I was little, there was a week end dance, and although I was like 8 at the time, I had to go with a girl. I was barely out of the "girls are disgusting" phase, and I'm being pressured by the guys in my cabin. Well, I remember there was a girl and her name was Marta. I still remember vividly asking her if she would go to the dance with me, and then, like the night before, for the life of me I can't remember why, but I dumped her lol. I remember sitting around the fire that night, and she was crying and her friends were consoling her while I felt like an idiot. I didn't know why, I just wanted to dance.... Kidding. But that is the impression I left on her, and to this day I feel bad, because that was her last impression of me.

Where I am gettin at, is I have a great group of friends that I wouldn't trade for the world, whether I met you back in school, or high school, or youth group, or college, you have left a huge imprint on my life. And although I was never blessed with having a close family, and never really had that support from home, God blessed me by surrounding me with some incredible people. So thank you, and although there have been some that haven't left the best impression upon us, we have done the same to others. So be easy to forgive, for there are those hwho struggle just as much to forgive you. :)

Bazinga :)

1 comment:

  1. Dude! I'm stoked that you started a blog! I am excited to read about the things that God is stirring in your mind and heart! I am so blessed by your friendship. The laughs and the serious talks about life, all of it has been legit. I appreciate you Craig!

    ReplyDelete